Thursday, October 2, 2008

On a Few Things Considered (or as much as our budget lets us)

*I had a run in that was pretty much Craigslist worthy yesterday. Let me actually describe it as if I was going to post it on Missed Connections:

You: Cute Bicyclist in Black. Me: The Girl You Almost Killed (w4m)

You almost ran me over with your bike last night on the corner of Michigan and Chicago. But then again, it WAS my fault. I mean, who stands on the actual street when the stupid little red hand is lit?? I'm amazed the typical Midwestern driver didn't run me over, yell at me, then continue on their way, leaving me for dead. But instead, you almost hit me. And instead of hitting me, you stopped and almost fell of your bike, Mr Rider in Black Armor. And instead of yelling at me, you said it was ok and was quite calm about it. And instead of giving you my number (AS I SHOULD OF), I pretty much yelled "SORRY SORRY SORRY I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY!!!" and ran away. So yes, Mr. Rider, let me make it up to you. How about coffee (or tea, or booze) and show you that I'm not some ditzy girl who can't cross the
street without issues.

So yeah, a cute guy almost ran me over. At least it wasn't a car, which could have been more problematic.

*Michael and I are doing a "Say It Ain't So, Joe (Biden)!/Sarah Palin Killed My Liver!" drinking game. If you don't hear from us tomorrow, we died from debate poisoning. Also, people can fight over who inherits my music collection.

*Because of AVClub's Taste Test and Nick & Brian, my need for bacon has grown. Which led to my recent discovery:

Walgreen sells bacon.

Yeah, I know. A little weird, and also a little awesome.

No comments: