Monday, November 10, 2008

On the Fact That Momma Said to Knock You Three Ways to Sunday, and That's What I Intend to

This past weekend was miserable. WHY?? Here's why:



So Friday was First Fridays, the event which is pretty much just booze, sluts, and art. We're required to sell tickets to this deal. Fortunately I can escape by working the store and just checking that people are either on the guest list or bought tickets in advance. THIS Friday we were 1) understaffed 2) overcrowded 3) cold (this may have not been a big deal, but I figured I should add it to the list). For some strange reason, women were trying to flirt with me just to get in for free!! SO MUCH CLEAVAGE IN MY FACE!! So traumatizing. Guys were also trying to hit on me, but it was more so I could tell them where the food was.

Then it got worse...

Not only was it Family Day on Saturday (the same event that previously had the Target Dog), but there were two very large UNANNOUNCED tour groups visiting the museum. Usual policy: large groups like school trips and what not usually warn us beforehand so we can accommodate them. Clearly these groups did not get the memo, so we had to deal with them PLUS the screaming children. The coat room was full AN HOUR after opening! There were three of us in there and we still couldn't deal with the masses! By the time I got to my lunch break, it looked like I had just survived a traumatic event.

On the plus side, pizza was added to the strange tips list. Yay to free pizza.

No comments: