Wednesday, November 19, 2008

On This MASSIVE Reading List

While I may gripe about my coat check job, one of the perks about it is that I get to read...a lot.
Below is a list of the books I have read:

This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
The Little Book by Selden Edwards
Stigma by Erving Goffman
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Snow by Orhan Pamuk
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
The Watchmen by Alan Moore
The Sandman, part 1 by Neil Gaiman
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield
The Stranger by Albert Camus
The Chinchilla Farm by Judith Freeman
Desolation Angels by Jack Kerouac
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

Right now I'm re-reading Talal Asad's Formation of the Secular, which due to the nature of the job, was probably a bad choice. With that, I ask for recommendations. (Note: No Hemingway. No more Hemingway. You recommend him and I swear I will beat you and leave you to die...in the rain).

2 comments:

Michael said...

I would begin with the Sandman part 2-?

Natalia said...

Read it in a Borders during one of my breaks. I'm halfway done with the #3!