Monday, July 28, 2008

On FAILING and Transcribing 101

Remember the list of places that I applied to? The ones where I left multiple copies of my resume in hopes of getting at least a part time?

Ha Ha Ha
FAIL!

The only interview I had in the past month was the Reckless one, and clearly that resulted in me NOT working for them.

I mean, what did these retail places want from me??? Especially after they ask for resumes?? Also, how freaked out was I when I found out that Urban Outfitters was having a JOB FAIR?? A JOB FAIR??? YOU'RE URBAN OUTFITTERS!! I wasn't applying to any high level positions! I just want to stand at the entrance and just say "Welcome to Urban Outfitters" and fold overpriced t-shirts! WHY DO YOU NEED A JOB FAIR??

But yes...

I plan to reapplyto the museums in hopes that something will happen after September. I'm also still waiting for Nick's position at the reg to be available to apply for so I can FIGHT AND BEAT OTHER USELESS PEOPLE FOR IT.

Luckily I still have transcribing for me. Although I STILL need to finish these transcriptions, which are still not done due to 1)my schedule 2) my inability to stay awake one I get home at 6pm 3) my computer and all of its dying glories and 4) my perfectionist attitude towards the way the annotations should be done.

Which reminds me:
*If you're transcribing a speech, don't try to figure out what the speaker is saying during those seconds the whole audience is clapping. It's a lost cause. No one speaks loud enough to be understood over an auditorium of applause.
*If you're the one recording, for the love of god, don't play with the recording device. You'll get weird noises that drown out what's being said. So far I have audio that starts of with

Thank *THUMP* you all f*THUMP*or com*THUMP*ing

*Transcribing on a computer will make you cross-eyed and suffering from the worst case of I HATE EVERYONE and migraines this side of the Mississippi.

No comments: