Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Reckless Records and Love is a Mixtape

So while I was having lunch with Victor today in the quads I get a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. Usually this meant telemarketers or something along those lines, but hey, I answer anyways.

Turns out, it was Reckless Records. With a open position.

So what I thought was going to be an annoying phone call became a PHONE INTERVIEW. ONE THAT I MANAGED TO SCREW UP. All because the guy on the other end decided to go straight to the "so what music do you listen to" question. What do I answer with??

mumblemumbleArtBrutmuble

I mean...REALLY, NATALIA?? Was that REALLY the most COHERENT thing to come out of my mouth as an answer?? While I love Art Brut, I couldn't think of any other bands in my collection?? Los Campesinos?? Fugazi?? The Pippettes?? Now this guy is going to think that I was desperate to sound cool.

So it's safe to say, that I'm not going to get hired by Reckless anytime soon.

However, to make up for this massive example of FAIL, Victor gave me Love is a Mixtape (in hardcover!) as a late birthday gift. I've been wanting this after reading the first chapter one day at Borders (hey, don't knock my methods. I've managed to read both Catcher in the Rye and Franny and Zooey at Borders). I was going to start reading today...but I fell asleep after getting back from work...and woke up like now.

Also, I like how one of the samples for labels is "scooters."

No comments: